spicy lemon & herb chicken w/
DISCLAIMER : I promise to make this again "properly", even though the meal itself was quite impromptu (they tend to be with me lol) once I started it I had a lot of bright ideas of how to make it better !
I don’t know if this meal tasted extra yummy because I had such a productive Sunday the day I made it. I literally woke up so early (which is unlike me … I take my weekend mornings quite seriously). I had work and church that morning, got home cooked, cleaned, did some more work, got myself ready for the week ahead… I was really feeling myself. I was like ok I’m ready to smash motherhood, superwoman tings ! lol
Luckily you don’t have to have a busy day to enjoy this one...thank me later
For the mashed potatoes
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Mash time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 min
50g unsalted butter
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Peel and cut potatoes
In a pot, boil the potatoes in water for 15 minutes or until soft enough to mash (we don’t want lumps).
Once the potatoes are soft enough to mash, remove from heat and drain the water.
Add cubes of butter to the hot potatoes and allow them to melt for a few seconds before mashing with a potato masher.
Add salt and black pepper as you like and mash until your desired texture is achieved.
For the Chicken
Chicken breast, 4
1 small lemon
Scotch Bonnets, 3
Knoor chicken cube, ½
Thyme, 1 tbsp
Basil, 2 tbsp
Salt, to taste
Deli's Supermarket, VI
Clean and dry the chicken breasts.
1. Make 3 slice incisions on the face of each breast.
2. Then season with salt, knoor, thyme and basil and mix with your hand to make sure the breasts are well seasoned.
3. Add the juice of the lemon and leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for about 2 hours or prepare immediately (if you have time to marinate that would be good for extra flavour).
4. In a pan, melt butter then add the seasoned chicken breast and reduce the heat to a low/medium and fry.
5. Fry each breast for about 10 minutes before flipping to fry the other side. Flip then add scotch bonnets (ata rodo), keeping the heat low.
6. After 7-10mins check the chicken by piercing to see if it has cooked through.
8. Remove from the pan and serve with your desired side (mashed potatoes in this case, not everyday rice).
EAAAT, ENJOY ! :)
oh this was gooood
*licking lips again*
Let me know what you thought of the lemon herb chicken with mash, did you change the side ?